Wednesday, March 18, 2009

After a long hiatus

I have pretty much remained silent since August of last year. The election was in full swing, Hillary was gone, and it was Obama and McCain in a cage match. And I went silent.

There are a lot of reasons for this, most of which have to do with not wanting to be just another voice in the wind talking about how both of these guys are pandering idiots, how the Presidential elections in the US have been absconded by the two parties that are in power, how the voice of reason has been usurped by the voice of far radical party wonks on both sides and how the American people, in the end, are given no real choices. Most importantly though, the more I rant the more I want to rant and the more I think about new rants - and that was just
taking too much of my mental process. Too much away from my family. Too much away from those things I should be spending more time thinking about - like family, work and family.

So why am I back?

Well, let's just say that current events are leading me to need a place to vent. To shout out at the top of my lungs that this new President is a shallow figure that is overly dependent on his tele-prompter, his advisors, and his naive view of the world. His disdain for those that have made something of themselves and those that have given of themselves to the protection of this country. His apparent need to have government run everything. His inability to manage
anything. His ever failing list of nominees that keep turning out to be failures and the one's that make it through the process turn out to be bumbling idiots.

Change you can believe in

Only if you think the same chuckleheads that were running the Clinton Administration can be called change. More like "Flashback you can believe in". It's the same tired story of wanting to redistribute wealth. Penalize those that work hard for what they have and give it those that don't. Free healthcare for everyone - except Veterans. Let's not let this crisis go by without making the most of it. Let's make sure that those that already pay 90% of the taxes can get jacked up to 95% of the taxes while we give rebates to those that don't pay any taxes. Let's take a time of serious economic uncertainly and what has to be reduced tax revenues and increase the size and cost of government exponentially. Let's tax businesses more. Let's remove
the incentive to be philanthropic and reduce the deduction on money you can give to charity. Let's create a government so large, so heavy, and so burdensome that the Kremlin would be proud. There's your change. I hope those of you that voted for this empty suit are
happy.

Give credit where credit is due

I must admit I do like - no love - how he has been able to marginalize Hillary Clinton. Put her in a Secretary of State, then assign his cronies to basically do her job in all of the hot spots so she doesn't really get any credit, and then wait for her to open he mouth so he can fire her. Either way, Hillary loses. She either has nothing to do with efforts on critical issues or she gets canned for insubordination. I'm sure it was Axelrod or Rahm's idea.

Fin

So I told myself that if I start doing this again I would just spend 20 minutes on any rant and when that was done, it's done. I'm there.  If there are typos and grammatical issues - I apologize - but this is all I have time for and editing just takes away from rant time.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: