Tuesday, April 28, 2009

UAW to own majority share in Chrysler?

Um - this article has struck me as funny.   Not "ha-ha" funny.  More like "hrrmmmm" funny.

It seems strange that a Union representing the workers would buy a majority share of a auto manufacturer and get a couple of seats on the Board.   At this point the Union becomes...uh, management.

So, if I were a Union Worker I would wonder who's interest will be at the forefront of the Union's mind.  If I were a shareholder, I would wonder the same thing.

And how is this not some sort of anti-trust issue?

The next question is how much of that 55% majority purchase is being held up with the government's "Public-Private Partnership"?   That would certainly be a fine payoff for the years and years of Union support given to Democrat candidates.   But that's just the suspicious  Conspiracy Theorist in me.

But isn't it convenient.

pssst....hey buddy....you haven't mentioned anything about how, uh, "connected" the Unions have been in the past and.......

Stop - I won't mention it at all.   I know what's good for me.   

No comments: